Post updated repeatedly over time…!
One of my favourite features in Google Analytics is called “Annotations. It’s a simple concept, but incredibly easy way to add context to your data for everyone in your organization. that easily allows you to add a quick hit your reports with information specific to your operating environment:
After annotations have been added, they show up like this:
and when expanded, like this:
Examples of the context you can add include
- Email newsletter / blog publishing dates
- Special event dates
- Media coverage
- Campaign start / stop dates, changes to creative
- Changes to your page tag or profile / view settings
How do I annotate my Google Analytics reports?
- Chose a specific date in the calendar
- Click the down arrow at the bottom of the calendar
- Click Create new annotation
Or watch this 1 minute video:
Join the conversation